CUTTER GUIDES and Custom artwork guidelines
Here are some general guidelines for your designer. We want to make sure we keep them on task. If you or they have any questions feel free to ask us to clarify.
- Please use Illustrator (.AI) software only.
- Please make sure the texts have been Converted to Outline.
- Please check this tutorial on how to Convert Text to Outlines using Illustrator.
- Please send us the zip file for any additional images or PSD files which are linked in the artwork. The resolution of the images must be at least 300DPI.
- For printing your design clearly, we highly suggest the below sizes. Please measure by Pen Tool.
- MOPP & PET: Lines weight being 0.3pt at least. Font CAP-height being 4.5pt at least after converting to outline.
- Kraft & White Kraft: Lines weight being 0.75pt at least. Font CAP-height being 5.7pt at least after converting to outline.
- Recyclable: Lines weight being 0.6pt at least. Font CAP-height being 4.5pt at least after converting to outline.
*The digital proof shows the ideal positions on products. During pouch forming the material can move up to 3mm in the horizontal plane on the actual products.*
Colors for Rotogravure Printing:
We generally use the Pantone Formula Guide Series. CMYK is mainly for images only.
- If your packaging is Glossy Finish / Matt Finish / Recyclable / PLA, please use the Coated System.
- If your packaging is Kraft Paper, please use the Uncoated System.
The digital proof shows the digital Pantone colors and CMYK colors. During printing, the colors will match the specified/approved physical color reference as closely as possible. The digital colors on screens cannot be referenced.
Colors for Digital Printing:
We only use CMYK for printing.
The digital proof shows the digital CMYK colors. During printing, the colors will be printed at the CMYK values of the approved digital proofs. Alternatively, the colors will match the specified/approved physical color reference as closely as possible. The digital colors on screens cannot be referenced.
The following PDF coffee packaging templates can be downloaded and used when designing artwork for custom projects.